Mar 18, 2020 - TD Bank Group
An important message for our customers
By Teri Currie
Group Head, Canadian Personal Banking
TD Bank Group
Below is an open letter from Teri Currie, Group Head, Personal Banking, TD Bank Group, about the important steps TD is taking to protect the physical and financial health of our customers and colleagues in these extraordinary times.
We will serve customers, protect your wellbeing and support our colleagues.
The situation in Canada continues to change every day. It's impacting us all at a very personal level.
Our commitment is clear – we're here to help throughout these challenging times.
We're here for you and we are taking important steps to safeguard everyone – our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
- Many branches will close temporarily – a tough measure, but necessary given the circumstances.
- All open branches will have limited hours –
- Extra precautions are in place for our open branches. These include adjusting staff levels, extra cleaning, and where possible – social distancing to reduce personal contact.
- If you're ill, or have any cold or flu like symptoms, have been exposed to COVID-19 or have been asked to self-isolate due to travel we ask that you not come in. This is important. Please follow government guidelines. Stay home. Call your health professional.
Please use the branch locator to find out which branches are closed and to find alternative locations. Please note that changes to branch operations continue to develop, so be sure to check back: www.td.com/covid19.
Additional ways to bank with us
- EasyWeb. Our EasyWeb online banking continues to let you do your banking confidently 24/7. There is no interruption of services.
- Mobile App. Our app for iPhone or Android gives you the flexibility to bank and carry on with most banking services, from anywhere. If you haven’t already, download it from the Apple or Google App stores.
- ATMs. Our network of ATMs are operating normally, so you can withdraw, deposit and use them at your convenience.
Visit our digital how to at www.td.com/digitalhowto
We're going to get through this together
If you are directly impacted by COVID-19 and as a result are facing financial challenges because of COVID-19, such as illness, pay disruption, or childcare disruption due to school closures, let us know. Reach out to us at 1-888-720-0075. We are here to help.
Our contact centre colleagues are working diligently to answer all calls. Given the high volume, you may experience longer wait times than usual. If your matter is not urgent, please consider using our online and mobile services - so our colleagues can help those most in need.
This support will include up to a six-month payment deferral for mortgages and the opportunity for relief on other credit products on a case by case basis, to help you get back on your feet. Let's start the conversation and explore ways to provide relief if needed. You have a lot on your mind, and we want to be there for you.
Our colleagues are in this with you – and we're in it with them
TD serves millions and employs thousands of Canadians. Our people are in this with you. They are your neighbours, friends and family. Since the beginning of this outbreak, they have worked hard. And we stand with them in these tough times.
The measures we've put in place protect them as well, lower their exposure, and provide our colleagues with the time they need to take care of their loved ones and themselves.
We are continuing to compensate our branch employees throughout the changes taking place – as hours are reduced and work schedules are adjusted. This is simply the right thing to do.
We thank you for your business and your trust. We're going to get through this, together.