Apr 20, 2018
Opening doors for an inclusive tomorrow: TD Corporate Responsibility Report
For the people of the Forsyth neighbourhood in Surrey, B.C., a new green space provides a place to reconnect with nature and their community, near the rapidly growing city centre.
Nestled between an elementary school and a residential area, Forsyth Park opened in the fall of 2017 and has quickly become a hub for family gatherings and community events.
The park is just one of the important green space revitalization projects TD committed to last year as part of the TD Common Ground initiative, and is one of the many other community building and corporate citizenship efforts highlighted in the 2017 Corporate Responsibility Report, Opening doors for an inclusive tomorrow.
Last year, TD donated more than $107-million to strengthen communities and invest in tomorrow while helping individuals thrive in a changing world. Some of the highlights include:
- TD launched a set of initiatives to advance the low-carbon economy of the future, including a target of CDN$100 billion in low-carbon lending, financing, asset management and other programs by 2030;
- The bank enabled more than 680,000 North Americans to improve their financial knowledge through financial education programs;
- TD participated in thousands of events to build inclusion and diversity;
- Our teams worked alongside the Canadian Council for Aboriginal Business to found a new Indigenous Women in Leadership Award;
- And we planted the 300,000th tree since the creation of TD Tree Days in 2010.
And TD's more than 85,000 colleagues are committed to ensuring these initiatives continue well into the future.
"Our longstanding commitment to supporting those we serve is a huge source of pride for us," said Andrea Barrack, Vice President, Global Corporate Citizenship, TD Bank Group.
"This year, we're launching The Ready Commitment, which will target $1-billion in community giving by 2030, and is an evolution of our great work to help enrich the lives of our customers, communities and colleagues. With this initiative, we are aligning with the UN Sustainable Development Goals for 2030 in areas critical for humanity and the planet."
The Ready Commitment will focus community giving in four areas critical to building an inclusive tomorrow – Financial Security, a more Vibrant Planet, Connected Communities and Better Health. Learn more at td.com/thereadycommitment.