Aug 2, 2017
Top 5 things to do this summer before it ends
It's that time of year again. Summer seems to be flying by (how is it August already?!) and before we know it, it will be fall and then winter. Don't fret! There's still time to get out and enjoy every last drop of summer before the cold sets in. Here's a guide to help you have no summer-regrets come the Fall.
- One of the first things you can do this summer is Get Ready to Green Where You Live. Did you know that one tree can reduce about 40% of UV rays and provide a cooling effect equal to 10 room air conditioners? Enjoy the outdoors while the sun is bright, help mitigate the effects of climate change and meet new people in your community by joining us for TD Tree Days this September. We have events happening in 80 communities across Canada, and 2017 will be a milestone year as we'll be planting our 300,000th tree. Nature is calling.
- Warm weather always brings one key activity to mind; summer concert season. What's great is that it doesn't have to cost an arm and a leg to attend a show. Through TD Music, we partner with a number of regional organizations that offer free music programming for everyone to share in their love of music. Whether you love jazz, folk or all kinds of music, there's something for everyone. Second on our list of things to do this summer is checking out TD Music for full listings of upcoming events in your community.
- When it comes to being inclusive here at TD, we don’t just talk the talk, we walk the walk – literally, at Pride festivals across North America. For thirteen years, TD has been a proud supporter of Pride, and this year we're sponsoring 63 Pride festivals across North America, along with more than 100 LGBTQ organizations. With festivals in Vancouver and Montreal, as well as many more local communities across Canada on the horizon, we're ready to continue the #ForeverProud celebration with our employees, customers and communities, and we hope you'll join us!
- Summer can be a popular season for Canadians to buy a new pad. And some of us are going through the process of buying our very first home. If this is you, fourth on our list of things to do this summer is to put together a plan for buying your first home. This can be overwhelming, especially if you're doing it on your own, which according to a TD survey, one in four Canadians are now buying solo. We know it can be daunting and have tips and advice that can help you make this big life decision easier. So, while you're reading in the park or relaxing on the dock this summer, start to think about putting together a plan to make your homeowner dreams a reality.
- A summer vacation doesn’t always have to be an exotic getaway. Rounding out our list of top five things to do this summer is treat yourself to a staycation. It could be spending a week relaxing at the cottage, sticking around town or catching some rays at a local beach. Regardless of your activity, nothing should get in your way of summer fun, especially having cash in your pocket. Making life easier for customers, TD has introduced some chequing account changes that are sure to make banking more carefree – just like summer.
Now that you're equipped with things to do over the next month, get out there and enjoy what's left of the great Canadian summer!
You might also like:The joy of reading comes to life at this year's Toronto Santa Claus Parade